The perfect knife for any chef or home cook.
Shun Classic White
The Shun Classic series combines centuries-old Japanese Samurai blacksmiths with today's modern and sophisticated manufacturing processes The result is a tremendously high-quality Damascus knife range, engineered right down to the smallest detail and designed to always retain sharpness. The knives are therefore ideally suited for professional use. The Shun Classic blades are beautiful to look at because of the characteristic, semi-mat pattern of the Damascus steel composite of 32 layers. Combined with the elegant, slim tapered handle in white pakkawood, the result is an overall aesthetic design with quality and functionality at its core.
The Shun Classic Blade
VG MAX steel with a hardness of 61 (+_ 1) HRC forms the core of the entire blade right up to the edge. Sheathed in 32 layers of Damascus steel, the knife has an incomparable anatomy with a stable blade that, due to these two components, is both hard and flexible at the same time. The Shun Classic blades have a double-sided edge.
The Shun Classic White Handle
The slim handle made of durable white pakkawood is fashioned in a traditional Japanese chestnut shape. High quality resins added to the wood make the material particularly robust and resistant to moisture. Its typical chestnut shape ensures a comfortable and secure grip when cutting, thanks to a slight angle on the right-hand side. The integrated tang provides stability and balance. The Ashwood-coloured white pakkawood creates a beautiful contrast with the blade.
- If there is one knife that you simply can't be without, it's this one. The Shun Classic White Chef's Knife is an all-purpose blade ideal for a wide variety of cutting tasks. The eight-inch length is perfect for preparing fruits, vegetables, proteins, and other foods. The wide blade keeps knuckles off the cutting board and is extra handy when transferring cut food from board to pan. With its curved belly, the Chef's knife can be gently "rocked" through fresh herbs or spices to produce a very fine mince. Shun Classic's thinner blades makes it lighter and less tiring to use than comparable European-style Chef's knives.
- The Shun Classic White Chef's Knife is part of the Shun Classic line of tasteful and contemporary cutlery. The Shun Classic line features beautiful Damascus-clad blades and D-shaped Ashwood-coloured white PakkaWood handles. Yet behind these handcrafted knives' beauty is function: razor-sharp blades offering top performance. Shun's proprietary high-performance VG-MAX steel, which provides incredible edge retention, is clad with Damascus stainless steel, then ground and bead-blasted, revealing the flowing pattern of the layered steel. The result is a line of knives that are sharp, durable, and corrosion resistant, as well as beautiful to behold. The Shun Classic line also offers you the widest assortment of both traditional culinary blade shapes and cutting-edge designs, so you can always find the right knife for the task.
- The true does-it-all kitchen knife
- Hand-sharpened 16 degree double-bevel blade (32 degree comprehensive)
- Steel: Proprietary VG-MAX cutting core, 32 layers of stainless Damascus cladding
- Handle: D-shaped white PakkaWood
- Blade length: 8 in. (20.3 cm)
- Handcrafted in Japan