For the ultimate surfing experience, this 3 piece tail pad will not only deliver superior foot grip and board response but it is also made in a way that's better for people and planet.
We've thought about everything from the EVA Foam with EcoPure® technology to the glue, adhesive and even the paper backing. Meaning everything you take off this tail pad can go into your recycling bin and when you're finished with your tail pad (that is if it doesn't outlast your board) it will decompose through the combination of compaction, heat and moisture that comes typical with landfill situations.
The three piece tail pad is the most common style of tail pad out there, not only is is easy to install, it has a higher arch than a two piece and has a broad application across almost any surfboard. It's mix of corduroy texture and diamond groove traction with have your feet gripping to your board for the best response in the surf.
EVA Foam is known for it's performance. It is lightweight, flexible and has UV radiation resistance to ensure it doesn't get damaged when your boards left out in the sun. The addition of EcoPure® into the EVA foam promotes biodegradation helping it breakdown, reducing it's impact on the environment at the end of its life.
3M have provided leading quality adhesives for years, so this adhesive tape is the perfect solution to provide adhesion to your surfboard. The glue used is an acrylic adhesive, so it won't damage the environment and it won't cause any adverse health effects for those manufacturing our products. Plus, the backing paper is totally recyclable.
- kick height 30mm
- 6mm arch bar (35mm wide x 130mm long)
- Diamond groove and corduroy texture for foot grip & response
- Biodegradable EVA Foam with added EcoPure enhancement
- EVA density 55
- High tack 3M adhesive
- Kraft paper backing is recyclable and made from renewable resources
- Packaged in a 100% recycled cardboard box, to recycle again.
EcoPure® enhances the biodegradability* of EVA plastics and shortens the time plastics that have been disposed of remain in landfills.
* Biodegradation rates of EcoPure®-treated plastic materials measured according to the ASTM D5511 test method. Tests are generally conducted using 20% to 30% solids content; solids content in naturally wetter landfills range from 55% to 65%, while the driest landfills may reach 93%. Actual biodegradation rates will vary in biologically-active landfills according to the type of plastic used, the product configuration, and the solid content, temperature and moisture levels of the landfill.