CFexpress Type A memory card with 700MB/s write speed, 800MB/s read speed, high reliability and compactness.
Extremely fast, reliable and compact for professionals who require the highest performance in the most extreme conditions. The CEA-G80T and CEA-G160G memory cards protect recordings and boost workflow for photographers, videographers and enthusiasts.
New standard for compact storage
- CFexpress Type A cards are a new standard for compact, high-performance storage. Despite being smaller than a conventional SD card, their PCIe Gen3 interface offers ultra-fast data transfer. It is an ideal storage medium for the future of compact, high-bitrate video and still cameras.
High speed performance
- Sony CFexpress Type A memory cards are designed for professional photographers, videographers and enthusiasts looking to super-charge their workflow with unrivalled speed and reliability. Ultra high speed performance (up to 800MB/s read and 700MB/s write) is efficiently packed in the compact and durable body, to help you get the most from the latest high-end cameras.
Made incredibly TOUGH
- Thanks to Sony's unique TOUGH card design, our CFexpress Type A cards offer over 10x greater bend resistance than the CFexpress Type A standard. Designed for absolute dependability, the resin body is 5x more impact-resistant than the CFexpress Type A standard, and provides IP57 dust and water protection. New heat-dissipating materials also ensure consistent high-speed data transfers, along with resistance to X-rays, UV, and electrostatic radiation.
Work faster, be more productive
- CFexpress Type A memory cards open up worlds of opportunity for professionals. Handling high-resolution files and high-speed recordings in a small but rugged format, it's perfect for speeding up workflows and improving productivity, allowing you to have more time available for creative work.
Rapid response photography
- Dramatically expand your photographic possibilities, with uncompressed continuous RAW shooting for fast-moving action such as motor sports and wildlife. Writing speeds of up to 700MB/s ensure ultra-fast camera buffer clearance for responsive, continuous shooting.
- Sony CFexpress Type A cards are optimised for continuous, high-bandwidth data writing, making them ideal for professional high-bitrate video recording, such as 4K 120p, where dependability is critical. For extra reassurance and video recording stability they also carry the VPG (Video Performance Guarantee) 400.
Speed up workflow with the CFexpress Type A card reader
- Optimised for Sony CFexpress Type A memory cards, the optional MRW-G2 card reader allows you to transfer data via a SuperSpeed USB 10Gbps (USB 3.2) interface and take full advantage of high speed backups and more efficient workflows. It's compact, easy to carry and works with both Sony CFexpress Type A and SDXC UHS-II/UHS-I memory cards.
Sony's TOUGH for the roughest places
- With a tough design, CFexpress Type A memory cards offer superior strength up to 10x greater than the CFexpressType A standard, additional rigidity tested to 150 newtons of force, and can withstand falls of up to 7.5 metres.
Sony's TOUGH for the toughest places
- You can rely on CFexpress Type A memory cards to work faultlessly in extreme temperatures, X-rays, electrostatic environments and intense UV light. A dust and water resistant design provides the reliability needed for outdoor use in challenging conditions (IP57).
File Rescue: Recover lost files
- Even when things go wrong, you can avoid disaster with downloadable rescue software for Sony CFexpress Type A memory card customers. This free software can recover accidentally-deleted files and corrupted photos and videos in todays common formats.
Media Scan Utility: Scan and monitor your memory
- Over time, flash memory wears out and no longer reliably records data. Sony's Media Scan Utility automatically scans your CFexpress Type A memory card each time you connect it to your PC, keeping you informed of its condition so you can take action before the limit is reached. The MRW-G2 card reader is required in order to scan Sony CFexpress Type A memory cards.