Terms and Conditions
1. Information on how to enter forms part of the terms and conditions of entry. Acceptance of the prize is deemed acceptance of these terms and conditions. Headings in this document are included for ease of reference, and do not affect interpretation in any way.
2. The promoter is Qantas Airways Limited (ABN 16 009 661 901) of 10 Bourke Road, Mascot, NSW 2020 (telephone number 02 9578 4184) (Promoter).
3. The promotion commences at 12.00am (AEST) 28 April 2022 and closes at 11:59pm (AEST) 19 May 2022 (Promotion Period).
4. Entry is open to Australian residents who are Qantas Frequent Flyer members aged 18 years or older (Eligible Entrants), excluding directors, management, employees and their immediate families of the Promoter or Mike Da Silva and Associates (AUST) Pty Ltd ABN 50 003 894 022 (MDSA) and each of their related bodies corporate and registered travel companions of employees of the Promoter and its related bodies corporate.
Entry into the promotion
5. To enter, during the Promotion Period, Eligible Entrants must order any Weber product from store.qantas.com/au. Eligible Entrants will receive one entry into the draw for every Weber product they purchase e.g. if an Eligible Entrant purchases six Weber products in one transaction, they will receive six entries. Multiple entries are permitted. Any Weber products purchased during the Promotion Period that are cancelled or returned will not be eligible to receive an entry into the draw.
6. The Promoter is not responsible for any communications network or any late, lost, incorrectly submitted, delayed, ineligible, incomplete, corrupted or misdirected entry whether due to error, transmission interruption or otherwise.
7. The time of entry will be deemed to be the time that the purchase is made.
8. The Promoter reserves the right, at any time, to verify the validity of entries and Eligible Entrants (including an entrant's identity, age and place of residence) and to disqualify any entrant who tampers with the entry process. Failure by the Promoter to enforce any of its rights at any stage does not constitute a waiver of those rights.
Drawing of entries
9. There will be one draw. The draw will take place at 2.00pm (AEST) on 25 May 2022 at MDSA, Level 17, 40 Mount Street, North Sydney NSW 2060. The draw will be conducted by MDSA (Drawer).
10. The result of the draw is final and no correspondence will be entered into.
11. There will be one prize. The maximum total prize pool value is AU$19,944 based on the recommended retail value at the time of launch. The Promoter accepts no responsibility for any variation in the value of the prizes.
12. The prize is a trip to Chicago for the winner and three (3) guests valued at a maximum AU$19,944.
13. The prize for the winner and three guests includes:
Return Economy airfares from the winner’s nearest Australian Capital City (flight associated taxes and booking fees are included) to: Chicago, Illinois.
Return transfers from the airport to: O’Hare International Airport to Sofitel Chicago Magnificent Mile, Chicago.
4 days and 3 nights accommodation at Sofitel Chicago Magnificent Mile.
Private car transportation (Days 2 & 3 – for up to 8 hours per day).
Dinner at Lou Malnati's up to a maximum total bill of AU$160.
Private Weber Huntley Factory Tour.
Private Weber Grill Academy Lunch at Weber HQ.
Shopping Tour at Woodfield Mall (Shopping expenses not included).
Dinner at Weber Grill Restaurant Schaumburg.
Weber Tour of Downtown (Office Experience, Starbucks Roastery, Navy Pier).
Four (4) Premium seat tickets to a Major League Baseball match, choice of one match: Chicago Cubs or White Sox.
Weber merchandise prize pack (Cookbooks, clothes, utensils, customized aprons, plus shipping) - for the winner only.
14. The Prize is for the winner and three guests. Travel must be taken between 1 June 2022 and 31 August 2022 (Travel Period). The Major Prize winner and their guests may extend their trip at their own expense. The winner must confirm their travel dates with Qantas three weeks prior to the travel date.
15. The booking of the Sofitel Chicago Magnificent Mile offered in this prize is subject to availability and Sofitel Chicago Magnificent Mile’s booking criteria.
16. Return flights to and from the winners’ and three guests’ nearest Australian Capital City airports to Chicago will be on services operated by Qantas Airways Limited or codeshare partners. Return flights are not open returns and a fixed return date will be issued on booking. If the winner or guests reside in the Prize destination, they will forfeit the airfare and airport transfer portions of the Prize, and no compensation will be paid or given in lieu.
17. Accommodation and flights for the Prize winner and guests are not upgradable. Qantas is not responsible for additional accommodation costs including hotel damages caused by the Prize winner or their guest, room service and incidentals.
18. The Prize includes GST and taxes included in the price of the tickets. Unless otherwise stated, the Major Prize does not include travel insurance, spending money, meals or taxes not included in the price of the tickets, ground transportation or any other costs of a personal nature. Compliance with any health or other government requirements is the responsibility of the Prize winner and their guest. It is the responsibility of the Prize winner and their guest to ensure that they have full and correct documentation for travel. The Promoter makes no representation as to the safety, conditions or other issues that may exist at any destination. Prize travel is subject to Qantas’ general Conditions of Carriage.
19. The Prize winner and their guests must be available to travel during the stated Travel Period, inability to travel during this time will result in the forfeiture of the Prize. The Prize winner and their guests will not accrue Qantas Points on any element of the prize. Upgrades cannot be purchased on awarded flights.
20. There can be no changes to travel arrangements once tickets have been issued or accommodation bookings once the reservation is confirmed.
21. If the Prize (or part of the Prize) is unavailable, the Promoter, in its discretion, reserves the right to substitute the Prize (or that part of the Prize) with a prize to the equal value and/or specification, subject to any written directions from a regulatory authority.
22. Each prize must be taken as stated and no compensation will be payable if a winner is unable to use the prize as stated. Prizes are not exchangeable or redeemable for cash or other goods or services. A prize cannot be transferred to any other person, unless agreed to by the Promoter. It is a condition of accepting a prize that the winner accept the conditions of use of that prize.
Notification of the winners
23. The winners will be notified by phone and by email within 2 business days of the draw using the phone number and email address listed in their Qantas Frequent Flyer profile as applicable, and their name will be published on store.qantas.com/au/weber-competition from 1 June 2022 for a period of 28 days and the Major Prize winner will be announced in The Australian newspaper on 1 June 2022.
Right of the Promoter to redraw
24. The Promoter reserves the right to redraw in the event of an entrant being unable to satisfy these promotion terms and conditions or forfeiting or not claiming a prize. If the prize remains unclaimed at 5.30pm (AEST) on 8 June 2022 a second chance draw will be conducted by the Promoter on 9 June 2022 at 2:00pm (AEST) at the same location as the original draw, subject to any written direction given under applicable law. The winners determined in accordance with this clause will be notified by phone and in writing within 2 business days of the draw and their names will be published on store.qantas.com/au/weber-competition from 10 June 2022 for a period of 28 days and the Major Prize winner will be announced in The Australian newspaper on 14 June 2022.
Limitation of liability and variation of terms
25. If any act, omission, event or circumstance occurs which is beyond the reasonable control of the Promoter and which prevents the Promoter from complying with these terms and conditions, the Promoter will not be liable for any failure to perform or delay in performing its obligations.
26. The Promoter reserves the right (subject to any applicable law) to cancel, terminate or modify or suspend this promotion. The Promoter, its related bodies corporate and their respective officers, employees, contractors and agents (Promotion Parties) will not be liable for any losses, damages, expenses, costs or personal injuries arising out of this promotion, the promotion of this promotion or the use of any prize, including but not limited to any breach of these terms and conditions, contract or tort (including negligence) and any other common law, equitable or statutory remedy (Damages) whatsoever, including but not limited to direct, indirect and consequential Damages, including Damages that cannot reasonably be considered to arise naturally and in the ordinary course of things, even if those Damages were in the contemplation of the Promotion Parties.
27. The exclusion of liability in clause 25 above does not apply to limit or exclude liability: a. for personal injury or death suffered or sustained in connection with the supply of goods or services which are supplied by the Promoter in the ordinary course of business. To remove doubt: third party goods or services, which other than in connection with this promotion, are in the normal course of business supplied by a third party unrelated to the Promotion Parties, are not supplied by the Promoter in the ordinary course of business and the Promoter’s Conditions of Carriage and general booking conditions (and any exclusions contained therein) apply despite any statement to the contrary in these terms and conditions; or b. to the extent it is not permissible at law to limit or exclude liability in the manner contemplated in that clause (in which case that liability is limited to the maximum extent allowable by law).
28. Entry details remain the property of the Promoter. The name of the winners may be used for promotional purposes by the Promoter, unless a winner otherwise notifies the Promoter at the time of accepting the prize. Entrants consent to the Promoter using personal information provided in connection with this promotion for the purposes of facilitating the conduct of the promotion and awarding any prizes (including to third parties involved in the promotion and any applicable statutory authorities) and to conduct marketing activities. Without limiting the foregoing, entrants' personal information provided in connection with this promotion will be handled in accordance with the Promoter's Privacy Statement, visit qantas.com/privacy to obtain a copy.
29. The Promoter accepts no responsibility for any tax implications that may arise from accepting a prize. Independent financial advice should be sought.
30. Authorised under NSW Permit No. NTP/03776 & ACT Permit No. TP22/00581 & SA Permit No. T22/445