FAQS - Browse, Points Plus Pay and Redemptions
- How do I find out my Qantas Points balance?
Your current points balance will be displayed on the Qantas Store website when you login. You can also log in to Your Account to view Your Activity Statement. Note, the Frequent Flyer page does not have a Single Sign On connection with the Qantas Store so you will need to enter your login details again. See more details on Single Sign On in the Single Sign On & Cookies section of the FAQ.
- How do I login to the Qantas Store?
To login to the Store click on the "login" link found at the top of the page. You will then need to enter your Qantas Frequent Flyer membership number, your last name and your PIN. If successful you will be logged into the Qantas Store.
- I have forgotten my PIN, can you help?
After you click on the "login" link found at the top of the page click on the link entitled "Forgotten your PIN?" You can key in your membership number and last name and then select to either have your PIN sent to the email address that you have registered with qantas.com, or choose to provide 3 pieces of personal information and you will be able to enter details of a new PIN.
- How do I redeem my points through the Qantas Store?
You can redeem Qantas Points at the Qantas Store by using points only or for selected items, Points Plus Pay - a combination of points (above the minimum number of points specified when ordering) and a credit card payment.
Simply select the product that you wish to purchase and click "Add to cart" or "Add to cart and check out". Once you have finished browsing and are happy with your selection/s select "Shopping Cart" and then you will be asked to confirm your selection. To finalise your order, click "Proceed to checkout" to purchase your products. Once you have entered your delivery details, you will be able to complete your purchase.
- How do I find a specific product?
You can browse for a product by selecting a category (e.g.: "Fitness & Outdoor") and then a sub category (e.g.: "Golf"). This will display all the golf related products available in the Qantas Store. You can also use the "Search" function to find specific products. Type a keyword into the "Search" box located under the category headings and click "Search". This will bring up all the products in the Qantas Store which match the keyword that you have entered.
You can also search for products by the number of points required.
- What is Points Plus Pay and how does it work?
If you've got your eye on something but don't have enough points for it, you may be able to use Points Plus Pay. If you have the specified minimum number of points in your account, you can use points and an accepted credit card to purchase the products you want, using a mixture of money and points.
You can use Points Plus Pay for most products however some are excluded.
You can choose to use Points Plus Pay when browsing products or when reviewing your shopping cart.
- When browsing products, if Points Plus Pay is available a slider will be displayed when you are on a product page. This will allow you to choose the number of points you wish to use. Once happy, click "Add to cart" or "Add to cart and check out". Your selection will then be displayed in your Shopping Cart.
- When in your Shopping Cart, you will have another opportunity to use Points Plus Pay or adjust the number of points you can use.
- Why is Points Plus Pay not always available?
Some products are only available to redeem using points and may not be available using Points Plus Pay.
- I have made changes to Points Plus Pay but the changes have not updated my total Points Plus Pay when I review my Cart.
You must click on the "Update" button to update any changes you make before continuing.
- I would like to purchase a product using Points Plus Pay. What are my options for payment?
We accept VISA, Mastercard and American Express for payment of all orders. Cheques or cash payments are not accepted.
- What will appear on my credit card statement when I use Points Plus Pay?
If you use Points Plus Pay in the Australian Qantas Store then the item on your credit card statement will read as "AUS store: Qantas Store Australia" or similar.
If you use Points Plus Pay in the New Zealand Qantas Store then the item on your credit card statement will read as "NZ store: Qantas Store Australia (NZ) or similar.
This is because Qantas has arranged for its 100% wholly owned subsidiary and related body corporate Wishlist Holdings Limited (ABN 38 085 529 979) to operate and administer the Qantas Store and process payments on Qantas' behalf.
- What does "Sale" mean?
Products on sale have their price temporarily reduced. As the quantity of these products is often limited they may only be available for a limited time period.
- How can I purchase a product that is on sale?
Click on the "Sale" link. This will bring up a page displaying all products on sale. Select the sale product you wish to purchase and click "Add to Cart" or "Add to Cart and check out" then simply follow the checkout process to purchase the product.
- Can I purchase a product from the New Zealand Qantas Store if I live in Australia, or purchase a product from the Australian Qantas Store if I live in New Zealand?
Yes, however products can only be delivered to an address in the country of the Qantas Store that you have selected the product from. The delivery address must be within Australia if you are ordering from the Australian Qantas Store or within New Zealand if you are ordering from the New Zealand Qantas Store.
- I live in New Zealand so why do I only see products from the Australian catalogue?
If you have not logged in, you will automatically be shown the Australian catalogue. To switch to the New Zealand catalogue, click on the "Go to New Zealand Store" link located in the header. Alternatively, if you log into your membership account before you visit the Qantas Store, you will automatically be shown the New Zealand catalogue.
- If I purchase a product will my points be deducted immediately?
Yes, as soon as you purchase a product using points, the amount of points used will automatically be deducted from your Qantas Frequent Flyer account.
- If I add a product to my Cart will my points be deducted?
No, points are only deducted from your Qantas Frequent Flyer account once you proceed through the checkout and your order is completed.
- What does the "Shopping Cart" button do?
The "Shopping Cart" button takes you directly to your "Shopping Cart" and displays the products that you wish to purchase.
- What is "Order Status"
"Order Status" is where you can view the details of all orders you have made since 20 February 2012. You need to log in before you can access "Order Status". You will be able to view the name of the product, the Points Plus Pay amounts (if applicable) and the status of your orders. You will also have the option to print a duplicate invoice or tax invoice, if required.
- I can't find details of my previous orders on the Qantas Store, where can I find them?
If your order was placed before 20 February 2012 then you can find details under "Your Activity Statement" on qantas.com. If you can't find the details you are looking for or need a duplicate receipt or tax invoice, please contact the Qantas Store Contact Centre.
- Can I track the delivery of my order?
Log in to your account and click on Order Status in the Help section of the page to check whether you can track your order. If available, tracking information will be displayed approximately 2-3 days after you have placed your order.
- What happens when I add multiple quantities of a product that I've selected to use Points Plus Pay for?
Should you add multiple quantities of the same item to your Shopping Cart at different times, your most recently selected Points Plus Pay ratio will be applied to your complete payment. This means that the previous ratio of cash and points you selected for the first item added will be replaced with the ratio you use for the item you add later.
If you adjust the number of points you wish to use at the Shopping Cart, this new Points Plus Pay ratio will replace any earlier selections you made when adding the product to your Shopping cart.
- How long will it take to receive my product from the Qantas Store?
The estimated arrival date will be displayed at the 'Place Order' screen within the checkout process and indicates the date that your order should arrive by. It will also be displayed on the order confirmation email sent to you. For most products, delivery dates are usually within 2-10 business days of placing your order. If you have ordered more than one item, please note that they may be delivered separately.
Please note that for magazines subscriptions ordered from the Qantas Store, you or your nominated recipient will receive a confirmation letter, usually by the estimated arrival date. However, the first issue of the magazine will usually take around and 6 to 8 weeks to arrive.
- Can my product be delivered to a PO Box?
If a product can't be delivered to a PO Box, it will be detailed in the product description. Products that cannot be delivered to a PO Box must be delivered to a street address within Australia or New Zealand.
- Can my product be delivered at a nominated time?
No, unfortunately we are unable to provide you with a specific date or time for a delivery - please see question 1. If you have ordered more than one item, please note that they may be delivered separately.
- Will I need to be home to receive my product?
Yes, as most deliveries are sent by courier or by Registered Post. Alternatively, you can advise us of another address where you will be available between 9am - 5pm, Monday to Friday.
- What happens if my product hasn't arrived by the estimated arrival date?
If you haven't received your order by the estimated arrival date, please contact the Qantas Store Contact Centre by calling the number on your Order Confirmation or by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org. If you have ordered more than one item, please note that they may be delivered separately.
- How much is the delivery charge for my product?
The delivery charge is included in the price quoted for a product.
- Can I purchase a product for delivery to another person?
Yes, the delivery address you provide can be different from your own address but the address must be within Australia if you are ordering from the Australian Qantas Store, or within New Zealand if you are ordering from the New Zealand Qantas Store.
- Where can I check the order status of my order?
To check the status of an order, make sure you are logged in and then click on "Order Status" in the footer under the Help section.
- What do the different order statuses mean?
There are 3 different order statuses. 'On order' means the order has been received in our system. "Despatched" means the order is in the process of being fulfilled. "Cancelled" means that the order has been cancelled.
Customer Service Top
- I did not print my tax invoice or receipt when I placed my order and now I need it. What do I do?
For orders placed after 20 February 2012, you can access and print a copy of your tax invoice or receipt by logging in to your membership account and then clicking on "Order Status", which is in the footer under the Help section.
For orders placed before 20 February 2012, please send an email to email@example.com requesting a duplicate tax invoice or receipt and providing details of the order, and we will arrange for a tax invoice or receipt to be sent to you.
- What happens if I'm not happy with my product?
You cannot return a product because you change your mind. If the item is faulty, damaged or unfit for use you should contact the Qantas Store Contact Centre within 7 days of receipt to arrange for an exchange or refund. Please contact the Qantas Store Contact Centre by calling the number on the Order Confirmation or by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org.
- What happens if I lose a gift card, voucher or gift certificate?
A gift card, voucher or gift certificate (electronic or paper) purchased from the Qantas Store will not be replaced or refunded if lost, stolen, destroyed or expired.
- Where do I find the Terms and Conditions?
- Who can I contact if I have a complaint or enquiry regarding the Qantas Store?
Any enquiries or complaints regarding the Qantas Store should be directed to the Qantas Store Contact Centre. Please contact the Qantas Store Contact Centre by calling the number on your Order Confirmation or by emailing email@example.com.
- Who do I contact if I have an enquiry regarding the Qantas Frequent Flyer Program (not the Qantas Store)?
Enquiries regarding the Qantas Frequent Flyer program should be directed to the Qantas Frequent Flyer Service Centre by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org or you can find out more about the Qantas Frequent Flyer program online at qantas.com/frequentflyer.
- What can I do if I don't find the answer to my question in these FAQ's?
If you cannot find the answer to your question, contact the Qantas Store Contact Centre by calling the number on your Order Confirmation or by emailing email@example.com. For more information about the Qantas Frequent Flyer program, find out more online qantas.com/frequentflyer. Specific enquiries regarding the Qantas Frequent Flyer program should be directed to the Qantas Frequent Flyer Service Centre by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org.
Promotion Codes Top
- What is a promotion code?
Promotion codes are codes that the Qantas Store may send to Qantas Frequent Flyer members for special discounts and offers. You can enter your promotion code in the box marked "Promotion Code" on the checkout page.
- Where do I find a promotion code?
Promotion codes may be sent to Qantas Frequent Flyer members through standard promotional channels that they subscribe to or may be advertised on Qantas social media sites. Promotion codes may be available to all or selected Qantas Frequent Flyer members from time to time.
- How do I use a promotion code?
To use a promotion code, enter it into the "Promotion Code" box during Checkout of your order. After you have finished browsing the Store, proceed to view your cart. Under "Your Shopping Cart" there is a field marked "Enter your Promotion Code". Enter the eligible promotion code into this section and click "Apply". The discount will be applied to your order and you can then proceed to Checkout.
Please note: A promotion code can only be used once per order and cannot be combined with any other discount or promotion, unless otherwise stated. Promotion codes may be non-transferrable and a limit of use may apply to certain promotion codes at the discretion of Qantas. Promotion codes will have a date of expiry that will be communicated for each unique offer.
- What discount will I get with a promotion code?
Promotion code discounts and offers vary. Applicable terms and conditions will be communicated to Qantas Frequent Flyer members for each unique offer.
- Is there anything I can't use a promotion code on?
Promotion code offers vary and may not apply to all items. Applicable terms and conditions, including exclusions, will be communicated to Qantas Frequent Flyer members for each unique offer.
- Can I use Points Plus Pay with a promotion code?
Points Plus Pay can be used with a promotion code unless Points Plus Pay is not available for a particular product. The discount will be applied to the points value of the eligible product/s in your Shopping Cart, so you can adjust the number of points (if using Points Plus Pay) you wish to use after the discount has been applied.
Please note: Points Plus Pay allows you to choose the number of points you redeem, above the specified minimum, and pay an amount on your Accepted Payment Card to obtain the product you wish to order. The minimum number of points will vary depending on the product.
- Where can I find further information about Promotion Codes?
Single Sign On and Cookies Top
- What is Single Sign On?
Single Sign On (SSO) allows Qantas Frequent Flyers to input their log-in details just once to be able to access multiple Frequent Flyer websites.
When you log-in as usual with your membership number, last name and PIN, you have 25 minutes to visit any of the SSO-enabled Frequent Flyer websites, without needing to login again.
- Can you give me an example of how Single Sign On works?
- Member logs in at Qantas Store.
- Member browses Qantas Store and - within 25 minutes - switches to Qantas Golf Club and then Qantas epiQure, without the need to log in again.
- Member keep using Qantas Store and Qantas Golf Club, so remains logged in to each of these sites for as long as there is activity.
- After more than 25 minutes from the initial log in, member visits Qantas Points. They'll need to log in.
- After an extended period of inactivity, the member wishes to revisit e.g. Qantas epiQure to order wine. Depending on how long they’ve been inactive, they may need to log in again.
- Will member account information, log-in and PIN be the same on all websites for Single Sign On?
Yes, all of the member's login details, account information and profile will be the same across all SSO-enabled Frequent Flyer websites and existing Qantas websites.
- How secure is members’ data using Single Sign On?
When members access their membership information, a secure server is used. Secure Sockets Layer (SSL) encrypts the information a member sends through our website. Refer to Qantas privacy and security policy for full details.
- What if I'm unsuccessful at logging in with Single Sign On?
While attempting to log in to an SSO-enabled Frequent Flyer website, after three failed login attempts, the member will be locked out from login activity - for all the SSO-enabled websites - for a period of five minutes. This is a security feature designed to prevent repeated unsuccessful login attempts.
- How do members log out of Single Sign On?
Each Frequent Flyer website has a logout option. Once activated, the member will be prompted that the sign out process is complete. The member will be logged out from all SSO-enabled Frequent Flyer websites simultaneously.
- What is a cookie?
Cookies are small pieces of data stored on the web browser on a computer. Storing cookies on the member’s browser enables us to provide customised content and track their visit to the site. Most browsers can be configured to notify the user when a cookie is received, allowing the user to either accept or reject it. Members may inspect the cookies stored by their web browser and remove any they do not require.
- What if a member’s computer does not have cookies enabled?
The member will not be able to use Single Sign On and will be required to individually sign in to each Frequent Flyer website
- How can members check that their cookies are turned on? (PC Users)
Click the Chrome menu icon.
Near the bottom of the page, click Show advanced settings.
In the "Privacy" section, click Content settings.
Enable or disable cookies:
- To enable cookies, select Allow local data to be set (recommended).
- To disable cookies, select Block sites from setting any data.
Click Done to save.
Internet Explorer 6 and above:
From Tools select Internet Options.
Select the Privacy tab and set your privacy setting to 'Medium'.
Firefox 1.0.x and above:
From Tools select Options.
Select the Privacy icon.
Under Cookies, ensure 'Allow sites to set cookies' is ticked.
- How can members check that their cookies are turned on? (MAC Users)
Internet Explorer 6 and above:
From Tools select Internet Options.
Select the Privacy tab and set your privacy setting to 'Medium'.
Safari 1.3.x and Safari 2.x and above:
Select Preferences from the Safari menu.
Under Security, select 'Accept Cookies' and ensure 'Always' or Only from sites you navigate to' are activated via the radio button.
Close the window.
In Internet Explorer, you open up the browser then:
Go to 'Tools' icon.
Select 'Internet Options'.
Under "Privacy", move settings slider to "Medium" or lower.
Contact Us Top
If you still require further information the Qantas Store Team are happy to help. To get in contact with us please use one of the below methods:
Phone us between the hours of 7am and 7pm (AEST) Monday to Saturday:
Australia 1300 662 859
New Zealand 0800 886 033
Other Countries +61 2 8222 2562
(outside Australia - call charges apply)
Email us via our Qantas Frequent Flyer Form and ensure you quote your Frequent Flyer number