Effective 25 July 2016
These Terms are effective as at the date specified above and may be amended by Qantas Airways Limited (ABN 16 009 661 901) ("Qantas") from time to time by publishing the amended terms on this website.
- 1.1 The Qantas Store is available only to members of the Qantas Frequent Flyer program ("Members").
- 1.2 Membership of the Qantas Frequent Flyer program, and earning and redeeming Qantas Frequent Flyer points ("points"), is subject to the Terms and Conditions of the program ("Program Terms and Conditions"). A joining fee applies. The Program Terms and Conditions also apply to the Qantas Store and any product obtained through it.
- 1.3 In these Terms:
- "Products" includes merchandise, goods, services or gift cards, as the case may be, and products obtained through the Qantas Store are referred to as "Retail Awards" in the Program Terms and Conditions; and
- "Gift cards" includes gift cards, gift vouchers and gift certificates.
- 2.1 The Qantas Store can be accessed online (via qantas.com) or by contacting the Qantas Store Contact Centre by calling, in Australia: 1300 662 859, in New Zealand: 0800 886 033 and in other countries: +61 3 8645 6892.
- 2.2 An Award Assistance Fee (see Fee Schedule) will apply to each order placed by telephone.
- 2.3 The Qantas Store will only accept orders from current Members whose membership has not been terminated or suspended. Members will be required to provide membership details prior to redeeming points to obtain products.
- 2.4 The Qantas Store website will only show products which are available at the time the information is displayed. A product may however become subsequently unavailable before the order and delivery is completed, in which case the Qantas Store will endeavour to supply a substitute product or will re-credit the points redeemed and refund any money payment made to obtain the product (money amounts will be refunded to the Accepted Payment Card used).
- 2.5 The Qantas Store may at any time, without advance notice to Members withdraw, limit, modify, cancel or increase the availability of a product, or the money payment or number of points required to obtain a product.
- 2.6 The Qantas Store offers:
- a catalogue of products for delivery in Australia ("Australian catalogue") which can be accessed through the Qantas Store Australian website and the Qantas Store Contact Centre in Australia; and
- a catalogue of products for delivery in New Zealand ("New Zealand catalogue") which can be accessed through the Qantas Store New Zealand website and the Qantas Store Contact Centre.
- 3.1 Products ordered from the Qantas Store will not be dispatched until the payment from the Accepted Payment Card for any money payment has been authorised by the relevant merchant bank and Qantas has confirmed that the Member has the available number of points to redeem for the products and these points have been deducted from the Member's account.
- 3.2 Products cannot be replaced if stolen, lost, damaged, destroyed or otherwise altered after the Member has taken delivery.
- 3.3 Products offered through the Qantas Store are manufactured and/or provided by independent manufacturers or service providers or suppliers. Certain statutory guarantees under consumer protection laws may apply to these products for the benefit of consumers and which cannot be excluded. Nothing in these Terms is intended to exclude or restrict the application of such consumer laws but except for any non-excludable guarantees, Qantas does not give any other guarantee or warranties or makes any representation of any kind, express or implied, with respect to the products including warranties of merchantability, fitness for a particular purpose or otherwise outside of the application of those laws.
- 3.4 All products are subject to availability and substitutions may be necessary where a product is not available or is otherwise not of merchantable quality. Special conditions may apply in relation to individual products and all products are subject to the terms upon which the supplier of the product makes the product available. Products may be subject to capacity controls by the supplier of that product.
- 3.5 All reasonable efforts will be made to ensure that information provided in relation to products on this website is correct. However, to the extent permitted by law, Qantas does not accept any liability for the lack of completeness or correctness of such information.
- 3.6 Except as otherwise determined by Qantas (in its sole discretion), a Member is not entitled to obtain an Award or order a product through the Qantas Store if his/her membership account is in arrears, suspension or default.
- 3.7 Unless the terms of a particular gift card provide otherwise, all products or redemptions in the form of gift cards must be used by the expiry date shown on the gift card.
- 3.8 Points redeemed for products will be deducted from a Member's points account at the time of making an order and the deduction will be reflected in the Member's Activity Statement.
- 3.9 Once an order has been placed with the supplier of the product(s), it cannot be cancelled or amended or exchanged for different product(s) due to change of mind.
- 3.10 Unless otherwise agreed by Qantas:
- products ordered through the Qantas Store Australian website or from the Australian catalogue, may only be delivered to a recipient and valid address specified by the Member in Australia;
- products ordered through the Qantas Store New Zealand website or from the New Zealand catalogue, may only be delivered to a recipient and valid address specified by the Member in New Zealand.
- 4.1 The Qantas Store shopping cart may be added to or deleted from at any stage during a shopping session.
- 4.2 Once the shopping session is ended, the shopping cart will be closed and the order will not continue to be available to the Member.
- 4.3 Members can order products through the Qantas Store by redeeming points or a combination of redeeming points (above the minimum number of points specified when ordering) and making a payment by Accepted Payment Card ("Points Plus Pay") in accordance with the Program Terms and Conditions and these Terms.
- 4.4 Points Plus Pay allows you to choose the number of points you redeem, above the specified minimum, and pay an amount on your Accepted Payment Card to obtain the product you wish to order. The minimum number of points will vary depending on the product.
- 4.5 Members can place orders from the Australian catalogue via the Qantas Store Australian website and from the New Zealand catalogue via the Qantas Store New Zealand website. An order cannot be placed until a Member has logged in on qantas.com.
- 4.6 Members can place orders via the Qantas Store Contact Centre (in Australia or New Zealand from the respective catalogues). An order cannot be placed until a Member has provided sufficient details to the Qantas Store Contact Centre to allow proper verification of their membership. An Award Assistance Fee applies (see clause 2.2 for details).
- 4.7 Members may have the opportunity to obtain a limited number of special offers for products via the Qantas Store, usually for a limited time. Once the stock is depleted this product will be removed. In the event that a Member orders a product whose stock has been exhausted the Member will receive notification of this and a full refund of points and any money amount paid (money amounts will be refunded to the Accepted Payment Card used).
- 5.1 Members may order products by redeeming points only at the levels specified.
- 5.2 Selected products may alternatively be ordered by using Points Plus Pay at the levels specified when a Member selects the number of points to be redeemed (above a minimum number of points required for each product). Any money payment must be made by Accepted Payment Card. Not all products are offered on a Points Plus Pay basis.
- 5.3 All money amounts quoted include credit card service fees unless otherwise stated.
- 5.4 All money amounts shown on the Australian Qantas Store website are in Australian Dollars (AUD) and include Goods & Services Tax (GST) where applicable. All money amounts shown on the New Zealand Qantas Store website are in New Zealand Dollars (NZD) and include Goods & Services Tax (GST) where applicable.
- 5.5 The Qantas Store accepts the following cards – VISA, MasterCard and American Express (each an "Accepted Payment Card") - for money payments. No other form of payment is accepted and cheques or cash payments will not be accepted.
- 5.6 Members must have the number of points required to redeem the selected products in their account at the time their order is made. In the event that the Member does not have the required number of points the order will be rejected. The Member will receive notice of the rejection at the time of the rejection. The Member will not be able to proceed with the order after this rejection.
- 5.7 Points cannot be pooled by Members to redeem products.
- 5.8 In the event a refund for a product is authorised in accordance with these Terms, the same number of points redeemed for that product will be refunded to the same Member's account and the same money amount paid for that product will be refunded to the Accepted Payment Card used for the order.
- 6.1 All delivery charges are included in the points required (or Points Plus Pay amounts quoted).
- 6.2 Unless otherwise specified in the product description for a particular product, the Qantas Store will only deliver products ordered to physical addresses within Australia or New Zealand. To ensure successful delivery of it is recommended that a Member provides an address where the Member will be present during the day. Post Office Box addresses will only be accepted for certain products, including most gift cards. Refer to the product description for this detail. Electronic gift cards will be delivered to the e-mail address provided by the Member. The Member is responsible for ensuring that the address details provided are correct. Qantas is not liable for any loss to the Member due to incorrect address details provided by the Member.
- 6.3 Qantas will endeavour to deliver ordered products by the estimated arrival date (which is provided when a Member places an order and is set out in the order confirmation email sent to the Member). Qantas does not accept any liability for a failure to deliver within that time period. If a Member orders multiple products in one order these may be delivered separately and on different days.
- 6.4 In the event that the Qantas Store is unable to successfully deliver the ordered product by the estimated arrival date, Qantas will inform the Member and attempt to re-deliver. After unsuccessful attempts to deliver the product, the product will be returned to the supplier and Qantas Store will re-credit the points redeemed and refund any money payment made to obtain the returned product (money amounts will be refunded to the Accepted Payment Card used).
- 6.7 In the event that the Member has not received the ordered product by the estimated arrival date, the Member may notify the Qantas Store Contact Centre who will assist the Member in investigating the delivery delay.
- 6.8 Title and risk in all product(s) passes to the Member upon delivery.
Qantas Store Returns Policy
- 7.1 If a product obtained through the Qantas Store is damaged, faulty or unfit for use upon receipt by a Member (through no fault of the Member), the Member should contact the Qantas Store Contact Centre to organise a replacement or refund. Products will not be accepted for exchange or refund if Members change their mind.
- 7.2 A product will not be accepted for exchange or refund of either money or points unless authorised for return by the Qantas Store Contact Centre. The Qantas Store Contact Centre will authorise the return of a product where it is obliged to do so under any rights a consumer may have under law as described at clause 8.1 or where it is satisfied that the Member is entitled to an exchange or refund under Qantas' then current policy for the exchange or refund of products.
- 7.3 All products authorised for return by the Qantas Store Contact Centre must be returned to the location as advised by the Qantas Store Contact. The product must be returned in new, unused or as new condition with their original packaging, instruction manuals and all accessories. Where the request for an exchange or refund was not reasonably discoverable without both opening and using or partially consuming the product, in these instances the item can be returned without the original packaging.
- 7.4 If a replacement is not requested and a refund is authorised by Qantas, the Qantas Store will re-credit the points redeemed and refund any money amount made to obtain the product (money amounts will be refunded to the Accepted Payment Card used). Refunds and re-credits will be arranged only after receipt and inspection of the returned product by Qantas or the relevant product supplier. Points may take up to seven business days to be reinstated to your Qantas Frequent Flyer account.
- 7.5 If a replacement product is requested and authorised by Qantas, the Qantas Store will dispatch replacement items at no further cost to the Member.
- 7.6 Any request for replacement or refund or product warranty services the Qantas Store Contact Centre will liaise with the member to ensure the quickest resolution.
- 7.7 No partial refund will be provided for a product.
- 7.8 Nothing in this clause 7 affects any rights a Member may have and which by law cannot be excluded, including under federal consumer protection laws and under State and Territory consumer protection legislation.
Liability (including tax liability)
- 8.1 Qantas acknowledges that the Competition and Consumer Act 2010 (Cth), the Fair Trading Act 1987 (NSW) and other equivalent legislation implies or imposes statutory guarantees, conditions or warranties into contracts for the supply of goods or services to consumers that cannot be excluded. Nothing in these Terms and Conditions (including the exclusions and limitations in this clause 8) is intended to exclude or restrict the application of such non excludable terms. As such, nothing in these Terms affects any rights a Member may have and which by law cannot be excluded. However, to the extent permitted by such legislation, any such liability of Qantas is limited to the cost of supplying the goods or services again). For example, for consumers, products come with non-excludable guarantees under consumer protection legislation that they will be of acceptable quality.
- 8.2 Subject to clause 8.1, Qantas expressly disclaims any and all guarantees, conditions, warranties and liabilities (including for consequential damages) with respect to type, quality, standard, fitness or suitability for any purpose of any product obtained through the Qantas Store. Warranty claims will be directed to the manufacturer or service provider or supplier in accordance with their warranty information (if applicable).
- 8.3 Subject to clause 8.1, Qantas is not liable to Members or any other person in connection with the Qantas Store or any product obtained through it, for death, injury, loss of, or damage to, data, loss of production or operating time, loss of actual or anticipated savings, opportunity, interest, revenue, profit or goodwill, or other economic loss, loss of, or damage to, reputation, and any indirect, special consequential, incidental, punitive or exemplary damages, however caused, and whether arising under contract, tort (including negligence) or otherwise.
- 8.4 Qantas shall not be liable for the loss, theft or destruction of a gift card.
- 8.5 Qantas does not offer any advice to, nor accept any taxation liability of Members or their employers arising from or in connection with the Qantas Store. Members should note that certain redemption transactions may have tax implications. Qantas recommends that Members consult their accountant or tax adviser to ensure that they understand possible tax (including fringe benefits tax) implications, if any, related to Membership and Awards.
Intellectual Property Rights and websites
- 9.1 The material contained on the Qantas Store websites is protected by copyright. You may use the websites only for your personal and non-commercial purposes. Except to the extent permitted by relevant copyright legislation, you must not use, copy, modify, transmit, store, publish or distribute the material on the websites, or create any other material using material on the websites, without obtaining the prior written consent of Qantas.
- 9.2 Trade marks (whether registered or unregistered) and logos used on the websites must not be used or modified in any way without obtaining the prior written consent of Qantas.
- 9.3 The Qantas Store websites and products, technology and processes contained on them may be the subject of other intellectual property rights owned by Qantas or by third parties. No licence is granted in respect of those intellectual property rights other than as set out in these Terms. Your use of the websites must not in any way infringe the intellectual property rights of any person.
- 9.4 The Qantas Store websites may contain links to, or frame, websites of third parties (‘external sites'). Qantas is not required to maintain or update the links. Links to, or framing of, external sites should not be construed as any endorsement, approval, recommendation or preference by Qantas of the owners or operators of the external sites, or for any information, products or services referred to on the external sites unless expressly indicated on the Qantas Store websites. Qantas does not make any warranties or accepts any liability in relation to material contained on external sites.
- 9.5 You agree you shall not use any device, software or routine, to interfere or attempt to interfere with the proper working of the Qantas Store websites.
- 9.6 You agree you shall not take any action that imposes a burden or load on the Qantas Store websites that is unreasonable or disproportionate to the benefits Qantas obtains from your use of the sites.
- 10.1 By accessing the Qantas Store or by completing your contact details and contact preferences on any Qantas Store website, you consent to Qantas (including its related entities, agents and contractors acting on its behalf) collecting, using and disclosing that information for the purpose of:
- Qantas or any of its related bodies corporate, providing products or services (including fulfilling your order and providing you with the ordered products or services);
- Qantas or any of its related bodies corporate improving customer service, including by means of research, marketing, product development and planning;
- Qantas or any of its related bodies corporate marketing its products or services or the products or services of third parties; and
- any third party providing services to Qantas or any of its related bodies corporate or Members in connection with the administration of the Program.
- 10.2 This information may be transferred to or from Australia for these purposes. If all or any part of the requested information is not provided by you, the services provided to you by Qantas may be affected.
- 10.3 On request by you and to the extent permitted or required by law Qantas will provide you with access to and the ability to correct your personal information held by Qantas. Only the Member named on the account will be entitled to access their Membership information. However, Qantas does comply with validly served and executed court orders and subpoenas and cooperates with investigations by State, Federal and international agencies. Under those circumstances or where otherwise required by law, a Member's account information may be shared with others with or without that Member's knowledge or consent.
Resolution of Disputes
- 11.1 Subject to clause 8.1, any enquiries regarding discrepancies with points redeemed or payments made to obtain products should be directed to the Qantas Store Contact Centre within six months of the date of the relevant order.
- 11.2 Enquiries regarding the Qantas Frequent Flyer program (not the Qantas Store) should be directed to the Qantas Frequent Flyer Service Centre and not the Qantas Store Contact Centre.
Operation and Administration of the Qantas Store
- 12.1 Qantas Airways Limited (ABN 16 009 661 901) has arranged for Accumulate Loyalty Services Limited (ABN 38 085 529 979) ("Accumulate”), a 100% wholly owned subsidiary and related body corporate of Qantas, to operate and administer the Qantas Store. References to "Qantas" throughout this document incorporate Accumulate unless otherwise specified.
- 12.2 Please note that Accumulate processes transactions for Accepted Payment Cards on Qantas' behalf. As such, if you choose to redeem for an Award using Points Plus Pay (as described in clause 4.3), the merchant for the transaction on your statement for your Accepted Payment Card will be Accumulate and include the words "Qantas Store Australia", “Q Store” or similar.
- 12.3 Accumulate operates the secure platform for the Qantas Store. All information submitted to the Qantas Store is secured using Secure Sockets Layer (SSL).
- 13.1 It is against the law to sell or supply alcohol to, or to obtain alcohol for or on behalf of, a person under the age of 18 years.
- 13.2 All alcohol products (which include alcohol and gift cards which are only able to be redeemed at merchants that sell alcohol) supplied in accordance with the laws and regulations of the state of Victoria in Australia or New Zealand (as appropriate). Qantas may cancel any order for alcohol products made through the Store, or refuse to supply alcohol products, which would breach any applicable laws or regulations applicable to supply of liquor.
- 13.3 For the purposes of the Victorian liquor licensing requirements: Warning. Under the Liquor Control Reform Act 1998 it is an offence:
- To supply alcohol to a person under the age of 18 years (penalty exceeds $18,655); and
- For a person under the age of 18 years to purchase or receive liquor (penalty exceeds $777).
- 13.4 All alcohol ordered through the Australian Store catalogue is supplied to Members by Qantas' 100% wholly owned subsidiary and related body corporate Accumulate Loyalty Services Limited (ABN 38 085 529 979) Victorian Liquor Licence Number 36093077.
- 13.5 All alcohol ordered through the New Zealand Store catalogue is supplied to Members by sub-contractors of Accumulate Loyalty Services Limited.
- 13.6 By ordering alcohol products through the Store, you warrant that:
- you are over the age of 18; and
- any person that you are obtaining the alcohol products for, or supplying the alcohol products to, is over the age of 18 years.
- 13.7 If there is any doubt about the age of the proposed recipient on delivery of alcohol products:
- the proposed recipient may be requested to produce photographic identification to prove that the recipient is at least 18 years of age; and
- if Qantas or its contractor delivering the alcohol products is not satisfied that the proposed recipient is at least 18 years of age, the alcohol products will not be delivered.
- 13.8 Qantas may cancel any order for alcoholic products, or refuse to supply alcohol products, if it is not satisfied that the requirements in this clause are satisfied.
- 13.9 Qantas recommends that alcohol only be consumed in moderation.
Charities Terms and Conditions
- 14.1 If you redeem your points for the specified charity, and the required points are deducted from your account, Qantas will pay the specified dollar amount to the specified charity within 45 days of the date of your redemption. Please note, Members are not entitled to a tax deduction for redeeming points for charity (pursuant to taxation laws). Qantas will receive no payment from the specified charity. You cannot make any cash payment towards this redemption option. Points Plus Pay is not available for this redemption option.
- 14.2 There is no GST component for this redemption option.
- 14.3 Your points redemption will not be refunded under any circumstances (except if for some reason the required donation is not or cannot be made).
- 14.4 Qantas will not provide you with a tax invoice or tax receipt. The redemption transaction will be recorded in your activity statement. You will receive a confirmation email on redemption of the required points from your account. No item will be posted to you by Qantas Store following your redemption for the specified charity. The specified charity may contact you to fulfil the redemption transaction.
- 14.5 This redemption option is subject to any applicable legislative or other regulatory controls imposed by State and Federal Governments, whether existing now or at any time in the future.
- 14.6 By using this redemption option Members authorise Qantas (and its service providers) to disclose the Member’s name and address to the specified recipient charity and for Qantas (and its service providers) and the specified charity to use that information for the purposes of the donation made by Qantas. Otherwise Members’ personal information is dealt with in accordance with the Qantas Frequent Flyer program terms and conditions and the Qantas Privacy Statement.
- 14.7 The registered office of Qantas is Level 10, Bourke Road, Mascot NSW 2020.
- 14.8 Australian Committee for UNICEF Limited (Tel: 1300 884 233). UNICEF is registered in a number of Australian States and Territories including being registered under the Collections Act 1966 (QLD).
- 14.9 Make-A-Wish Australia (Tel: 1800 032 260). Make-A-Wish is registered in all Australian States and Territories including being registered under the Collections Act 1966 (QLD).
- 14.10 Royal Flying Doctor Service (Tel: 02 8259 8100). Royal Flying Doctor Service is registered in a number of Australian States and Territories including being registered under the Collections Act 1966 (QLD).
- 14.11 The Fred Hollows Foundation (Tel: 02 8741 1900). The Fred Hollows Foundation is registered in all Australian States and Territories including being registered under the Collections Act 1966 (QLD).
- 14.12 World Wide Fund for Nature Australia (Tel: 1800 032 551). World Wide Fund for Nature Australia is registered in a number of Australian States and Territories including being registered under the Collections Act 1966 (QLD).
- 14.13 Clontarf Foundation (Tel: 08 9472 1111). Clontarf Foundation is registered in a number of Australian States and Territories.
- 14.14 The Heart Foundation (Tel: 1300 72 44 75). The Heart Foundation is registered in all Australian States and Territories including being registered under the Collections Act 1966 (QLD).
The Qantas Store may send promotion codes to Members through standard promotional channels that the Member is subscribed to. Promotion codes are not transferrable and a limit of use may apply to certain promotion codes at the discretion of Qantas. Promotion codes cannot be used in conjunction with another offer, unless otherwise stated. Promotion codes may be available to all or selected Members only from time to time. Promotion codes will be applicable for purchases made by an accepted card payment and/or by redeeming points. Offers will vary and any additional terms and conditions applicable will be communicated to the Member. Promotion codes will have a date of expiry that will be communicated on the relevant offer.
Daily Gift Card Limits
- 16.1 Daily limits apply to the purchase of physical and digital Gift Cards. For each individual Member a maximum of 300,000 Qantas Points can be redeemed for Gift Cards from the Australian and New Zealand catalogues in any one calendar day. For all Members in total, a maximum of 60,000,000 Qantas Points can be redeemed for Gift Cards from the Australian catalogue and 5,000,000 from the New Zealand catalogue in any one calendar day. The totals are reset each day at midnight AEST.
- 16.2 These limits apply to Qantas Points only and Points Plus Pay Gift Card purchases made from the Qantas Store, including the mobile site and any Contact Centre.
- 16.3 Purchase of Gift Cards will not be possible above the daily limits and an error message will appear.